1810 they say was a heck of year. Well at least in Bavaria where the first Oktoberfest took place it was! Here we present 5 Curious Oktoberfest Facts and Traditions that you didn’t know and of course let you know how you can win FC Bayern München tickets!
First the facts…
- Back in 1810 someone had a great idea to honour the marriage of Prince Ludwig and Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen with what would turn into a 16 day beer festival. Now that’s a wedding party!
- Is this beer from Munich? The only beer you’ll find during the festival is brewed within the city limits.
- The mayor kicks off the celebrations with a hearty “O’ zapft is!” (“It’s tapped!”) and then offers the first mug to the Minister-President of the State of Bavaria.
- Approximately 7 million liters of beer is drunk over the period of the 16 day festival.
- In November 2008, Bavarian Anita Schwarz set a world record when she carried 19 full beer steins!
Make Munich your mission and win FC Bayern München tickets!
But perhaps the best fact of all is that partypoker wants to send you to Munich for the chance to win VIP tickets to watch FC Bayern München in action! Right now on partypoker you’ll find a special Mission called that’s right…. Oktoberfest Mission. Just go ahead and complete it and you could be on your way!
All you need to do is
- Play 1,810 hands of poker of any game type (1810 was the year of the first Oktoberfest!)
- Win a hand with 7-2 offsuit (nicknamed ‘the beer hand’)
- Finish in the money in any of our Oktoberfest tournaments
This Mission will be running during Oktoberfest only (21st September to 6th October 2013). So get a move on and start hitting those objectives if you want a shot at the VIP FC Bayern München tickets! Start Your Mission!
The all new partypoker
The all-new partypoker.com has arrived, we’re so proud of this significant first step in the integration of social features into the real money gaming environment. The phase one release, which went live last week, is jam-packed with exciting new features and a fresh new look, logo and interface, mixing the best of the old with the new in a player-friendly environment.