This heat was scheduled to finish at 10pm but is still in full swing, which means the players in Group A, with the exception of Phil Hellmuth are all sat around one of the poker tables near the TV set here at Aspers. They’ve been filling time in a variety of ways here’s what we’ve observed.
– Sam Trickett and Jungleman were the first to arrive they killed time playing chinese poker until a few others showed up
– Antonio Esfandiari then took centre stage and it looked like he did a magic trick on Sam Trickett, the Brit was certainly keen to know how it was done
– A few menus were bought over, the players ordered food.
– Daniel Negreanu has been asked to pose for the most photos, he’s definitely out in front in the popularity contest
– The players have also taken delight in reading a Premier League Preview in World Poker Tour magazine, there was opinions from Mike Sexton on each player, with Scott Seiver in particular getting a chuckle over what Sexton had to say about him.
– At one point Antonio Esfandiari shouted over to the table, “Hey Jason, hurry up we want to play,” to which Mercier replied. “I’m the only one who’s been all-in Antonio.”
– There was a bit of discussion about whether to introduce an ante from the start of level one, but there was no unanimous consensus so the structure will stay as it is.
– Meanwhile in the actual poker that is being played blinds have increased to 12,000 – 24,000 ante 4,000, Dan Shak leads with 846,000, Jennifer Tilly has 701,000, Tobias Reinkemeier is on 515,00 with Jason Mercier bringing up the rear on 306,000.
Watch All The Action and Join The Conversation!
The PartyPoker.com Premier League VI continues with daily Live Streaming coverage here: bit.ly/plpstream So who do you think is going to win? Let us know in the comments below and remember to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook now!