Partypoker are welcoming players to a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Caribbean this November, with the $1 million Summer Giveaway and subsequent $2 million prize-pool out in Punta Cana. How can you make sure you’re on a plane and what should you prioritise once you’re out on the beach? Pass the Factor 50 and let us smooth things out for you…
Travel Is Fastest by Satellite
Fancy being beamed instantly to the Main Event by winning a $6,000 partypoker Caribbean Poker Party package? No sane poker player wouldn’t and the Summer Giveaway has been designed to put as many players in their long-haul seats with a cold drink in their hand as possible. The $1m giveaway will guarantee a whopping TEN packages per week to the Caribbean Poker Party, comprising of:
- $1,000 towards your travel expenses
- The $2,750 tournament buy-in for the partypoker Million tournament
- All-inclusive accommodation at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana
There are direct satellites, qualifiers from next to nothing and even a leaderboard reward giving players with little time or a game for grinding an equal shot of making the plane. Search the lobbies on partypoker and add satellites to the amazing Main Event into your daily online poker schedule. Check out all the $1million Summer Giveaway details right here.
Arrive on Time
Seasoned partygoers pride themselves on arriving ‘fashionably late’. Not partypoker players! With a ‘raft’ of side events going on, there is every reason to get to the beach in the ‘first wave’ as not only is the WPT Caribbean Main Event happening, but the partypoker Million takes place too, with Day 1’s for the latter event beginning on the same day as Day in the WPT Main Event.
Two such huge Main Events rarely come along, but when they do, they are often in poker-centric locations. They are almost never located at a stunning beachside location, with rippling waves and beaming sunshine all day long on tap. It truly will be an unforgettable few days, especially if you take down what would be a life-changing top prize for any player.
Get Your Game(s) On
The fun doesn’t stop with the poker. Have you ever wished that upon leaving a tournament table or on a day off you had activities built around your enjoyment available all day every day? The Caribbean Poker Party has been designed for you. With fun and games such as water polo, volleyball, golf, parties and daily excursions on offer, you can never get bored with every pursuit under the sun in sight!
If you’re a regular at Dusk Till Dawn and don’t want to travel from London to the beautiful island of Punta Cana, fear not! Flights will be leaving from both East Midlands Airport (near Nottingham itself) or Birmingham International Airport. With children able to travel much cheaper, you might wish to follow in the footsteps of many poker winners who take their families on a ‘poker holiday’…before returning with all the treasure!
To say Punta Cana is stunning is a bit like saying that Kevin Bacon has made a few movies. The picturesque island is quite simply known as paradise to everyone who have been there. But there is more to learn about Punta Cana. Here are a few fun facts to kick you off:
- Christopher Columbus travelled to Hispaniola on his way to discovering America and the ‘new world’ in 1492. We’re not sure how he ever left, but there was no such thing as poker. Coincidence?
- Lago Enriquillo is the lowest point in the Caribbean, 135 feet below sea level. It is also home to plenty of snappy dressers…the crocodiles who inhabit the saltwater lake! Oddly, Pico Duarte is the highest mountain in the Caribbean at over 10,000 feet. Talk about the highs and lows of tournament poker!
- Fancy spending your winnings on something no-one else owns? Turn into the ultimate baller with a rare gem. The ‘Larimar’ is a blue stone only found in the mountains of this beautiful location.
- The only cocktail to order if you want to sound up-to-date is a ‘Mama Juana’, which is rum, red wine and honey, soaked in a bottle with tree bark and herbs. It’s bite is even more powerful than a Tony G three-bet!
- The ‘Merengue’ is the national dance of the Dominican Republic, and is all about holding each other close, and never letting go of your hands. Make sure you don’t apply this logic to every poker hand you’re dealt on the beach and you won’t go far wrong!