The following rules will apply to all tournaments unless otherwise stated.
1. Sit & Go tournaments start as soon as the required number of players takes a seat.
2. Multi-table tournaments start at predetermined times. Players will be randomly seated.
3. Late registration is available in select multi-table tournaments. Registration is considered closed when any of the following occurs:
- The first level of the tournament is completed
- One player is eliminated from the tournament
- All available seats are filled
- Maximum tournament capacity is reached
4. Extended late registration: We also offer extended late registration at selected multi-table tournaments. Registration will remain open beyond level 1, which means it can be open until the end of level 2, level 3 or even further.
The extended late registration period is considered closed under the following conditions:
- The level specified in the 'Tournament info' window in the Lobby is reached.
- The tournament's maximum capacity is reached.
- When the tournament has awarded the first prize rank
- At the end of Add-On and Rebuy period
5. Players will be allowed to unregister from a Sit & Go tournament as long as not all the seats have been filled.
6. Players will be allowed to unregister from a multi-table tournament up to 5 minutes before the tournament start time providing registration is still open. Players who register less than 5 minutes before the tournament start time will not be able to unregister.
7. Players can unregister from tournaments which allow late registrations until 5 minutes before play begins.
8. All players in tournaments will be forced to post all blinds and/or antes. Players that are not present and ready to play will be blinded/anted off.
9. There will be a five-minute break every hour in all scheduled tournaments, unless otherwise stated.
10. Players moved to a new table will be dealt in to the game as soon as possible.
11. In general, each player will post a small blind and a big blind every round. Collapsing tables and moving players mean it is possible that any of the following may occur at any time:
- A player may be forced to post the big blind more than once per round
- A player may be positioned with the button for more than one hand
- A player may skip one or both blinds in a round
12. Since these are basically random occurrences, no player will receive any long-term advantage, and the rule is necessarily fair for all players.
14. With the exception of rebuy tournaments, a player is eliminated when he loses all of his chips.
15. In limit tournaments (fixed betting), there will be one bet and three raises in each betting round. When only two players remain, there is no limit on the number of raises. In pot-limit and no-limit tournaments, there are no limits on the number of raises.
16. When two players remain, the player due to assume the big blind will do so, and the small blind will inherit the button. The small blind or button will act first prior to the flop and second after the flop.
17. If two (or more) players from the same table are eliminated on the same hand, the player who started the hand with the most chips will be awarded the higher finishing position.
18. If two (or more) players from different tables are eliminated on the same hand, the prize money will be equally divided among all the players who finished with the same rank. They will each be assigned the lowest rank.
19. When tournament is running hand-for-hand, and two or more players are eliminated on the same hand (from the same table or from different tables), then the player who started the hand with the most chips will be awarded the higher finishing position.
20. Players are expected to follow established poker etiquette. Any players who abuse proper etiquette may be disqualified from the tournament.
21. Soft playing is not allowed in tournaments. Soft playing happens when a player does not bet his or her hand to its full potential with the expressed intent of helping another player advance further in the tournament.
22. Players who do not act on their hand in time ('time out') will be automatically folded.
23. Tournaments will, at pre-determined times, go into 'hand-for-hand' mode. This allows tables to play the exact same number of hands at critical times.
24. Single Table Sit & Go tournaments, Multi Table Sit & Go tournaments & Multi-table tournaments: if a tournament is cancelled for technical reasons, the following refund policy will take effect:
a. If the tournament has not yet started:
- All registered players will be refunded their buy-in and entry fee
b. If the tournament has started but registration for the tournament is still open (ie the tournament is still in the late registration period)
- Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in or entry fee
- Players still in the tournament will be refunded their buy-in and entry fee.
- Any buy-ins (excluding entry fees) collected from players who have been eliminated from the tournament will be distributed on a percentage basis to the remaining players according to each remaining player's chip count.
- The tournament will only pay out funds which have been collected in buy-ins. Any guaranteed prize pool amount from the tournament will not be a relevant factor in calculating payouts.
c. If the tournament has started and the registration period for the tournament has closed:
- Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in or entry fee
- Players still in the tournament will be refunded the amount that would have been awarded to the next player to be eliminated from the tournament. 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed equally between the remaining players, and 50% will be distributed on a percentage basis according to each player's chip count. The remaining players will also be refunded their entry fee.
d. In extraordinary circumstances where the quality of our service is severely degraded, such as may happen due to the occurrence of an Act of God, a terrorist attack, fire, or malicious DDoS attack, we reserve the right to cancel tournaments and refund players their buy-in and entry fee only for tournaments where the actual prize pools may be less than guaranteed prize pools. In such an event we will refund all players their buy-in and entry fee, including those players who were eliminated at the time of cancellation.
25. Sit & Go Hero tournaments. If a tournament is cancelled for technical reasons, the following refund policy will take effect:
- If the tournament has not yet started
- All players will be refunded their buy-in and entry fee
- If the tournament has started
- Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in or entry fee.
- Players still in the tournament will be refunded the amount that would have been awarded to the next player to be eliminated from the tournament. 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed equally between the remaining players, and 50% will be distributed on a percentage basis according to each player's chip count. The pre-determined bounty amount will form part of the total prizepool if this has not already been won. The remaining players will NOT be refunded their entry fee.
A Sit & Go Hero tournament will be deemed as started only when the first card is dealt.
26. Rebuy tournaments: With each rebuy and add-on, the total chips in the tournament will increase. The total chips in rebuy tournaments will be equal to the sum of all players 'player's starting chips (including extra starting chips, if any)' plus the sum of chips given to all players through a rebuy request plus the sum of chips given to all players through an add-on request. The total chips in the tournament will continue to accumulate as and when players make a rebuy request and the final number will be calculated only when the add-on period is over.
If a tournament crashes during the add-on period, the exact count of total chips in the tournament at the time of crash (including the chips added into the tournament as a result of rebuy and add-on requests) will be used to distribute the balance of the prize pool money.
27. The tournament disconnect protection and cancellation policy applies to all tournaments.
28. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tournaments at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. We reserve the right to amend our poker tournament rules and policies at any time without notice. Such amendments will take effect as soon as they are listed in the 'Tournament rules' section of the website. It is the player's sole responsibility to review the tournament rules and policies before entering a tournament.
29. The poker tournament rules and policies contained herein represent the complete understanding between the player and the site with respect to the player's activities at any tournament, except as otherwise specified in any poker tournament rules pertaining to a particular tournament, as posted on the website.
30. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, all use of the website by a player is governed by the terms and conditions of use. In the event of any dispute, these terms and conditions of use will apply.
Time bank on tournaments
A reserve pool of additional decision-making time that a player may use.
The feature is available for all tournaments, enabling players to make important decisions at crucial moments in the game. For example, a river card that completes a straight for one player and a flush for another may serve as a situation for further thought.
A 30 second Time Bank is allotted to each player when joining a tournament. 10 more seconds are added to a player's Time Bank after every 3 levels. If a player needs more time to decide on an action, the player can use the time available in his/her Time Bank, which depletes with every use.
The "Time Bank" button will be displayed when the player does not make a decision within the first 15 of the 30 seconds given to make his/her decision. The player has to activate the “TIME BANK” feature by clicking the "Time Bank" button:
TimeBank button getting displayed immediate with the option set.
If a player fails to act in time or click on the “TIME BANK” button, the Time Bank gets activated automatically if the following conditions are met:
- The player is connected to the system when his/her time to act expires.
- The player has invested chips in the current pot.
Note: The player has to click on ‘’Time’’ button to activate the Time Bank feature. The player is informed at least 5 seconds before that his/her time bank will be activated. The Time Bank feature is available for all tournaments.
In the chat box, there will be a message displayed to the player, informing him/her to choose the Time Bank feature if he/she wishes to. 5 seconds before the normal time to take action expires, the player will be prompted to use his/her Time Bank - after which, it gets automatically activated, indicating the remaining time available in the Time Bank:
Chat is displayed before 6 secs.
Time bank on cash games
The feature works in a similar way, with a 30 second Time Bank allotted to each player when joining the table. The only difference: 10 more seconds are added to a player's Time Bank for every 50 raked hands. The software functionality is the same as on tournaments.